Sunday 23 December 2018

FTP fetching and maintaining filename with Microsoft Flow

In previous posts I looked at grabbing web content with microsoft flow on a scheduled trigger, and triggering similar website grabs from RSS feeds. A more old fashioned scenario involves downloading files from an FTP server. In that case the content already exists in the form of a file and has a filename, so there is no need to 'construct' a unique filename, we can simply name it in the same way that it is named on the server. On the other hand, this can be seen as an advantage over traditional ftp clients in that we can actually rename our files based on our own convention rather than be forced to keep the original filenames.
Finally, having changed my mind about downloading all files and wanting to introduce a condition, I find that I was wrong in my previous post, I can drag and drop the create file component inside the 'yes' outcome of the condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment